1. Make sure that there is the latest driver and software installed on the computer. Without the driver and software, you won’t be able to do anything. The computer won’t recognize the printer connected. The good news is this is very easy. The latest driver for your specific printer and software can be downloaded from: www.idville.com/techsupport
2. If the printer has been sitting for longer than a month without being used, clean it. I don’t mean wipe it down with a rag, who you might want to do that too. I mean run the printer through a cleaning cycle. Kind of like you would with your coffee maker or laundry machine.
- How to clean your printer (video tutorials): www.idville.com/techsupport
- Printer cleaning supplies can be found here: https://www.idville.com/categories/cleaning-kits
3. Try it! Go ahead and try using the printer once you get everything plugged in. You are going to need your printer, blank PVC cards and a ribbon/ink. If you need help learning the ID Maker software or how to install your ribbon/ink check our IDville tech support page or the IDville YouTube channel.
4. If you are have issues, check to see if our troubleshooting guide can help: https://www.idville.com/pages/tech-support-troubleshooting
Easy Button: Remember, if you’d rather just call and talk to our tech team, we are available between 9a – 6pm ET. That’s one of the perks of working with IDville that no one else offers.