Paper Vs. Pvc Cards
THE CASE FOR UPGRADING YOUR ID CARDSSo you’re ready to invest in a photo ID printer system. You’ve got plenty of choices when it comes to print capabilities, quantities, and security features. But have you thought about the ID card itself?
Paper ID cards have their advantages, especially in cost, but did you know that using a plastic ID card saves time AND money in the long run?
CHOOSE AN ID MAKER SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL AND SECURE ID BADGESLet’s take a look at the plastic card printing process versus printing and laminating ID badges.
First, take the picture with the web camera. Second, use the software to design your card and import the photo. Third, print the card in less than 30 seconds!
Finish with a slot punch to make your ID badges wearable in minutes using a lanyard, badge reel, or strap clip, or simply slip it in a protective badge holder. If you decide you need dual-sided ID card printing down the road, no need to buy a new system; simply use the one-time printer ribbon upgrade – usable for most of our ID Maker Systems – and you’ll be printing dual-sided ID cards in no time!
CHOOSE AN ID CARD LAMINATE FOR AFFORDABILITYUsing an ID card laminator may be more cost-effective up front, but several components need to be purchased to have a complete system. Also, think about the paper laminate ID card making process.
First, take the picture with a web camera. Then use a word processing program to design the ID badge and send it to your printer. Print the ID badge using the paper stock, then feed it through the laminator using the laminating pouches, making sure to line them up properly for a wrinkle-free finished product. Sound easy enough?
Think about that process for over 1,000 ID cards as a gymnasium full of children waits. Not so simple. And very loud.
Not only that, but using your office printer to produce ID cards requires color ink – a cost factor not included in the laminating system.
Let’s look at it from a different perspective:
- Less upfront cost
- Camera and software not included
- Paper stock not included
- Ideal for low production runs
- Paper waste if printing a few IDs
- Added printer ink cost
- Timely laminating process
- Single-layer of laminate protection
- Higher upfront cost
- Camera and software included
- Card stock included ( 200 ID cards)
- Ideal for high OR low production runs
- Finished card in less than 30 seconds
- Printer and ribbon included
- Option for anti-forgery ID security
- Free, lifetime technical support
- Two-year printer warranty
- Standard white backdrop included
- Sturdier plastic withstands wear, lasts longer
- Additional clear layer prints right on the card
- Equipment upgrades available
- Professional and secure IDs!