Patient Safety Awareness Week is an annual education and awareness campaign for healthcare safety led by the National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSF). Hospitals and healthcare organizations are invited to participate in campaign by planning events to inform healthcare professionals and consumers on safety issues and medical errors, a critical issue in our healthcare system.
According to the NPSF, 85% of Americans personally know someone who has been a victim of medical error. Participation in Patient Safety Awareness Week can improve education and awareness about patient safety and help reduce this staggering statistic.
Practice "safety first" during Patient Safety Awareness Week!
Celebrate Patient Safety Awareness Week this week with one of the NPSF’s many suggested activities:
- Start an award program to recognize patient safety practices. We recommend our sister company, Baudville, for safety lapel pins and awards.
- Host a patient safety fair to play fun and educational games.
- Utilize the many informative materials provided by NPSF, such as videos, podcasts, and more, on the topic of patient safety.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about patient safety.
- Chat with hashtag #PSAW2012 on Twitter to share patient safety tips.
For a complete listing of activity ideas, visit the NPSF website.
David is an IDville Identification Specialist with over seven years product and sales experience. Around IDville, David is known for his new product ideas, sports knowledge, and experience as a catalog model (you may have seen him in a previous IDville catalog