Many schools will re-open their doors to students in the month of August, and school administrators should be prepared to welcome back students with new student ID cards. Student ID cards are an important part of school security, and they can also streamline various school processes such as school lunches, library materials, and photo directories.
These days, school security policies require students to wear their ID cards at all times, and custom printed lanyards are the most popular ID card accessory for students. Lanyards can be an effective part of your student ID security policy. Here are a few ways you can get the most bang for your buck out of custom printed lanyards for students.
1. Color Code Lanyards. Assign a certain color lanyard to each grade or classroom. The color lanyard will help staff and teachers quickly identify where a student belongs. Our Vivid Color Lanyards can be created in any color, so you’re able to outfit your entire school without running out of color options. Create a color key for staff and teachers, so everyone understands what the custom color lanyards mean before the students arrive.
2. Select the Breakaway Option. The breakaway feature is an extra safety precaution that may be especially important for young students. If caught on an object, the lanyard will split at the breakaway point to prevent choking or harm to the student. Learn more about the benefits of breakaway lanyards in this Knowledge Center article.
3. School Spirit Custom Lanyards. Create custom printed lanyards in school colors for students with the school name and mascot. Students will promote both safety and school spirit when they wear their student ID cards around the halls.
4. Offer Options. Give students a variety of lanyard choices by purchasing custom printed lanyards promoting various school clubs, activities and sports. Students can even purchase a variety of lanyards from a school spirit store and change their lanyards as they see fit. You may even want to use our selection of themed lanyards.
5. Reward Students. It can be difficult to encourage students to wear their student ID cards all the time. Create a program to incent students to wear their ID cards and custom printed lanyards. For example, you could present awards on-the-spot to students caught wearing their ID cards properly. Give out coupons for the cafeteria or spirit store, candy or tickets to the local movie theatre.
Are you preparing to order custom printed lanyards for the new school year? Like IDville on Facebook and receive 25 free lanyards with your custom lanyard order of $250 or more. As an IDville fan, you’ll receive exclusive coupons and special offers! Like IDville on Facebook today.
David is an IDville identification expert with over seven years product and sales experience. Around IDville, David is known for his new product ideas, sports knowledge and experience as a catalog model (you may have seen him in a recent IDville catalog!).